Dicaris Adult® Levamisole
Dicaris® Adult is a synthetic antihelminthic belonging to the class of imidazothiazole derivatives, possessing potent immunomodulatory activity, which contains 150mg of Levamisole. It has been extensively used in dermatology practice for the management of various dermatoses ranging from infections such as warts and leprosy to inflammatory dermatoses such as lichen planus and Behcet's disease.
What is this product?
Dicaris Adults Tablet is an antiparasitic medication. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. It works by killing the worms and this treats your infection.
Dicaris Adults Tablet should be used in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. It should be taken with food, preferably at a fixed time. Avoid skipping any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose. Simply take the next dose as planned.
Some people may experience stomach pain, nausea, dizziness and vomiting as the side effects of this medicine. Please consult your doctor if these side effects persist for a longer duration. You may be monitored with blood tests and liver function tests throughout your treatment.
DICARIS TABLET SIDE EFFECTS
- Abdominal pain
HOW DICARIS TABLET WORKS
Dicaris Adults Tablet is an antiparasitic medication. It works by suppressing the enzyme activity in the worm's muscle, causing its paralysis and death. This treats your infection. Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Dicaris Adults Tablet is to be taken with food.
DICARIS TABLET RELATED WARNINGS
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Dicaris Adults Tablet You should avoid drinking alcohol, it can increase some of the side effects of levamisole.
Dicaris Adults Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
Dicaris Adults Tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Dicaris Adults Tablet may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Dicaris Adults Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Dicaris Adults Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
- You have been prescribed Dicaris Adults Tablet to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Dicaris Adults Tablet.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.